The reports said that EU suggested issues must be decided through direct negotiations between both the countries.
The European Union has rejected US President Donald Trump’s Middle East plan, which he described as ‘deal of the century’, and it also expressed concern about Israel’s plans to annex more lands of Palestine.
The US peace plan, which was unveiled last week, called for a two-state solution while recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s “undivided capital”.
In a statement, EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell underlined the bloc’s commitment to a two-state solution, based along the 1967 lines, with the possibility of mutually agreed land-swaps, made up of the state of Israel and “an independent, democratic, contiguous, sovereign and viable state of Palestine”, the Arab News reported.
Borrell said the US initiative “departs from these internationally agreed parameters”, the report said.
It concluded that the issues must be decided through direct negotiations between both the countries.
On January 28, Trump revealed his controversial plan, also known as the “Deal of the Century”, calling for a two-state solution while recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s “undivided capital”.
The US President outlined the 80-page plan at the White House along with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, saying it proposed a “realistic” two-state solution.
After the unveiling of the plan, a UN spokesman said that the position of the world body on the two-state solution of Israel and Palestine has been defined, throughout the years, by relevant Security Council and General Assembly resolutions.
He added the UN remains committed to supporting Palestinians and Israelis to resolve their conflict on the basis of its resolutions, international law and bilateral agreements, to realize the vision of two states living side by side in peace and security within recognized borders on the basis of the pre-1967 lines.
Permanent Observer of Palestine to the UN Riyad Mansour said that Trump’s plan “will fail”.
In an emergency meeting at the Arab League headquarters in Cairo, Arab Foreign Ministers also unanimously agreed to boycott the US plan and not to cooperate “in any way” with Washington in its implementation.