In response to the shooting attack in Minya governorate of Egypt, as reported by Egyptian TV, the nation carried out airstrikes against the terror camps in the Libyan city of Darna…reports Asian Lite News
Egypt launched the attack as a reply to the one on Coptic Christians in Minya governorate where unknown gunmen opened fire on buses carrying the religious group of people, killing 28 and wounding 24 on Friday morning.
The attack was carried on one day ahead of the holy fasting month of Ramadan and no groups have claimed the responsibility so far.
Security sources said that some ten gunmen in three four-wheel-drive vehicles intercepted the victims’ two buses on the way to St. Samuel Monastery in the Minya governorate, and opened fire randomly at them.
Coptic Christians, a minority religious group in Egypt, make up 10 per cent of the country’s total population. These group of people were fallen victims to the bomb attacks on churches in the cities of Cairo, Alexandria and Tanta since December.
Earlier in the day, Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi said in a televised statement that the Egyptian forces hit terrorist training camps after the shooting attack, Xinhua news agency reported.
The state TV showed footage of Egyptian fighter jets taking off to conduct the strikes.
However, Sisi did not name the place or the country where the air forces attacked these training camps in his televised speech.