Malayalam superstar Dileep denied allegation against him behind the abduction of a leading actress and open to any tests to prove his clean hands, while slammed the media for unnecessary plotting him in the case….reports Asian Lite News
Malayalam superstar Dileep alleged that certain online sites and TV channels were trying to malign his reputation by linking him to the abduction of a leading actress earlier this year and said he is prepared to undergo narco analysis and brain mapping to prove his innocence.
Dileep, who is shooting in Tenji in Tamil Nadu district, in a Facebook post declared that he was in no way connected to the abduction of the popular actress in February this year.
“I wish to make it very clear that I am in no way involved in any case. For long a section in the social media, certain online sites besides certain TV channels have conspired against me and are determined to malign me. All this is being done to take away my fans.
“This is also happening at a time when my new films are to be released shortly. I am ready to take part in any tests, including narco analysis, brain mapping, to clear myself and not to make someone else an accused,” Dileep posted.
Ever since the actress kidnap in February, for some strange reason the name of Dileep has been linked to the case.
Last week, the case took a turn with popular Malayalam film personality, Nadir Shah, alleging that he received a call from a close aide of Pulsar Suni, the prime accused arrested in the kidnap case, linking Dileep to the case.
Shah, a film actor and director, told reporters that in March he got a call from a person by name Vishnu, who asked him to tell Dileep that if the latter does not give him Rs 1.50 crore he would be forced to inform police that the superstar was involved in the conspiracy to kidnap the popular actress.
On Sunday night, the Kochi police arrested Vishnu and his aide for this black mailing.
Ernakulam rural superintendent of police A.V. George confirmed to the media that the arrest of Vishnu and his aide has been recorded. Both were taken to the home of a magistrate and have been remanded in judicial custody.
What has surprised many is the arrest of Vishnu and his judicial custody were kept a highly guarded secret.
“We had informed those who need to be informed when an arrest has to be made. It was the magistrate who remanded them to custody,” George told the media on Monday morning.
The latest twist in the case comes after reports that a fresh statement was taken from the actress on Thursday by Additional Director General of police B. Sandhya.
Police, who arrested all the six accused within a week of the incident in February, have failed to unravel if there was any conspiracy behind the kidnapping of the actress.
The hugely popular young actress was kidnapped on February 17 while she was travelling from Thrissur to Kochi by road but later dumped near the house of director-turned-actor Lal, who upon hearing her harrowing experience, informed police. She was allegedly molested during the abduction.