Home TOP NEWS Missing British Boy Confirmed Dead

Missing British Boy Confirmed Dead

75
0
SHARE
BARCELONA, Aug. 18, 2017 (Xinhua) -- Police cordon off a nearby street following a terrorist attack in central Barcelona, Spain, on Aug. 18, 2017. Thirteen people were confirmed dead and more than 100 others injured, with some of them in very serious condition in Barcelona terror attack on Thursday afternoon, a Spanish official said. (Xinhua/Ying Qiang/IANS) by .
Police cordon off a nearby street following a terrorist attack in central Barcelona, Spain (Xinhua/Ying Qiang/IANS)

Julian Cadman with dual British-Australian nationality confirmed dead by his father a van driven at high speed into the pedestrians in Barcelona and wreaked havoc….reports Asian Lite News

BARCELONA, Aug. 18, 2017 (Xinhua) -- Police cordon off a nearby street following a terrorist attack in central Barcelona, Spain, on Aug. 18, 2017. Thirteen people were confirmed dead and more than 100 others injured, with some of them in very serious condition in Barcelona terror attack on Thursday afternoon, a Spanish official said. (Xinhua/Ying Qiang/IANS) by .
Police cordon off a nearby street following a terrorist attack in central Barcelona, Spain (Xinhua/Ying Qiang/IANS)

The body of a seven-year-old boy with dual British-Australian nationality, who had been missing since the terror attacks, has been identified by his father, Spanish authorities said on Sunday.

Julian Cadman was killed when a van was driven at speed into pedestrians strolling in the city’s Rambla boulevard on Thursday, the regional Interior Ministry and police said.

“3 more dead victims of the attack in #Barcelona identified: 1 Australian boy (also UK nationality), 1 Italian citizen, 1 Belgian,” the regional Mossos d’Esquadra force tweeted.

Cadman, who has become the second minor whose body has been identified after the attack, was separated from his mother in the mayhem of the attack.

The boy’s father arrived in Barcelona from Australia on Saturday and, accompanied by psychologists and other emotional support professionals, went to the city’s Institute of Legal Medicine to identify his son’s mortal remains.

Cadman’s mother was injured in the attack and is currently receiving medical treatment in a hospital.

He is one of 14 people to have been killed in two assaults perpetrated by a terror cell that police investigators believe was made up of 12 members, one of whom they think is still on the run.