December 23, 2021
1 min read

Attack foiled in Kabul

An early message to media from a government source said there had been a car bomb, but this was later changed….reports Asian Lite News

The Afghanistan Ministry of Interior Affairs said that an attack was stopped in front of the passport department on Thursday afternoon in Kabul, Tolo News reported.

An early message to media from a government source said there had been a car bomb, but this was later changed.

The Interior Ministry tweeted the following:

“An attack was prevented in front of the Central Passport Department in Kabul. This afternoon, an attacker who tried to enter the Central Passport Department was eliminated by the security personnel of the Central Passport Department. No one was killed or injured in the attack.”

“Before the (attacker) reached his goal, he was targeted and eliminated. The attack took just minutes and ended up with the killing of the attacker,” said Alam Gul Haqqani, head of the Passport Department, the report said.

Earlier, a spokesman for the Kabul security department, Gen Mobin said that the attack was due to a car bombing.

The Islamic Emirate recently announced that the passport department would carry out passport activities exclusively for its force members on Thursdays.

ALSO READ: US to provide 1mn vax doses to Afghanistan

Previous Story

China not okay with Intel’s weak apology

Next Story

Karachi bakery in soup as no ‘Merry Christmas’ on cakes

Latest from -Top News

India Tightens Checks on Chinese Imports

India has ramped up monitoring of Chinese imports amid growing concerns of cheap goods being redirected into the Indian market following the United States’ steep tariff hike on Chinese exports. Commerce Secretary

Economists Warn of Impending US Recession

Leading global brokerages and economists are sounding alarm bells over the likelihood of a US recession, following the Donald Trump administration’s announcement of sweeping reciprocal tariffs on foreign imports. JPMorgan Chase &

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Taliban Claim UN Seat

Taliban Spokesperson claimed that new government fulfilled the criteria to

UNSC not holding discussions on sending peacekeeping mission to Af

French President Emmanuel Macron said on Saturday that Paris and