November 7, 2021
1 min read

Attack on Chinese premises continues in Pakistan

The attacked tower belonged to China Mobile Pakistan, a 100 per cent owned subsidiary of China Mobile Communications Corporation….reports Asian Lite News

 Unidentified persons have destroyed a telecommunication tower in a northwestern tribal district of Pakistan, soon after it started providing internet service, RFE/RL reported.

The tower in the restive North Waziristan district was destroyed by explosives on Friday, the report said.

The tower belonged to China Mobile Pakistan, a 100 per cent owned subsidiary of China Mobile Communications Corporation. The Pakistan-based mobile data network operator does business under the name Zong.

No group so far has claimed responsibility for the blast.

Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), known as the Pakistani Taliban, and other militant groups are known to operate in the area, the report added.

A local police officer said the tower had been providing mobile phone signals since 2019.

The report said the blast occurred two days after the tower started providing internet service in the area. Local residents had staged protests in the past demanding high-speed internet connection.

Pakistani security forces had carried out a massive military operation in North Waziristan in June 2014 claiming that the TTP had been eradicated.

However, continued attacks by the militants suggest that the group has returned and poses a threat to peace and security in the area once again, the report said.

ALSO READ: Taiwan warned of China’s electronic warfare

Previous Story

Iran, Pakistan mull barter deal to overcome sanctions

Next Story

China all set for RCEP trade pact

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

China building illegal villages inside Bhutan

Sources said the Chinese villages within the disputed territory in

Blinken Urges China to Tame North Korea

Antony Blinken made the remarks after he had separate meetings