November 15, 2021
1 min read

Police arrest 3 after Liverpool car blast

The man killed in the blast has not yet been identified, the statement said. The injured man, who was driving, was in a stable condition in hospital…reports Asian Lite News.

Police announced the arrests of three men after a car exploded in front of Liverpool Women’s Hospital, killing one man and injuring another on Sunday morning.

The three men, aged 29, 26 and 21, were arrested in Liverpool’s Kensington district under the anti-terrorism laws, Greater Manchester Police said in a tweet.

The man killed in the blast has not yet been identified, the statement said. The injured man, who was driving, was in a stable condition in hospital.

Counter-terrorism police in the region were working closely with the Liverpool force, the statement added.

Chief Constable Serena Kennedy said police were called to reports of a car explosion just before 1100 GMT outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital, just as a Remembrance Day Service was commemorating war dead at the nearby Liverpool Cathedral.

Police said they understood that the car involved was a taxi that pulled up at the hospital shortly before the explosion occurred.

“Work is still ongoing to establish what has happened,” Kennedy told reporters.

“We are keeping an open mind as to what caused the explosion but given how it has happened, out of caution, counter-terrorism police are leading the investigation supported by Merseyside Police.”

Police said the explosion had not been declared a terrorist incident at this stage.

ALSO READ-Sudan police fire tear gas to disperse protesters

Previous Story

US, China Rivalry Casts Shadows Over Asia

Next Story

Britain pauses in respect on Remembrance Sunday

Latest from -Top News

ATM 2025 set for record turnout

Registrations have surged by an impressive 104% compared to the same period last year, underscoring ATM’s growing influence in the international travel trade landscape. With just three weeks to go until the

UAE team aids Myanmar relief efforts

The search and rescue operation will take place across six locations in Myanmar, with teams working in rotating morning and evening shifts to expedite response efforts and reach as many affected areas

Trump due in Saudi, UAE amid new tariffs

The GCC bloc, which includes the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain, has been hit with a 10% tariff, placing them among the lower-tiered rates US President Donald Trump has

China Says US Tariff Hikes Violate WTO Rules

China is among the hardest-hit, facing a 34 per cent levy—part of what Washington describes as reciprocal measures aimed at rebalancing trade deficits and curbing unfair trade practices China has strongly condemned
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Massive response to police recruitment drive in J&K

The government has announced two battalions each for the regions

Police arrest SNP treasurer in finance probe

Scottish Tory deputy leader Meghan Gallacher, however, said Yousaf should