May 10, 2022
2 mins read

‘China’s intent has been to keep the boundary issue alive’

He stated that in the last couple of years the Indian Army has taken the decision to rebalance and reorient to deal with the situation in Eastern Ladakh…reports Asian Lite News

China seems to lack the intention to find a resolution to the border dispute at the Line of Actual Control, Army Chief General Manoj Pande said on Monday, stressing that Indian troops continue to hold important positions along the LAC.

During an interaction with media persons, General Pande said, “Our guidance to them (troops deployed at LAC) is to be firm and resolute and prevent any attempt to alter the status quo.”

Talking about the current situation at the border and China’s intention, General Pande stated: “The basic issue remains the resolution of the border. What we see is that China’s intent has been to keep the boundary issue alive. What we need as a country is a ‘Whole of nation’ approach and in the military domain, this is to prevent and counter any attempt to alter the status quo at the LAC.”

The Army chief said that his aim and intention is to establish status quo ante prior to 2020 and re-establish trust and tranquility. But he clearly stated that it can’t be a “one way affair” and efforts should be made from both sides.

He stated that in the last couple of years the Indian Army has taken the decision to rebalance and reorient to deal with the situation in Eastern Ladakh.

Ever since the border dispute, the force is carrying out reappraisal and reassessment and taking certain actions to have a robust posture along the LAC. “Adequate forces are available to deal with all types of contingencies,” he added.

The Army’s focus at the LAC is to upgrade Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and build our infrastructure to support operations and logistics. Induction of new technologies is part of the ongoing process of capability development along the entire northern border, he said.

To resolve the border dispute with China, the Army chief said, India is engaging in diplomatic and military talks which so far has resulted in disengagement in the north and south of Pangong Tso, Gogra and PP 14 (Galwan valley).

“We will go forward and will find a resolution through dialogue (military and diplomatic),” said the Army chief.

ALSO READ-Dollar hits 20-yr-high amid rising rates, Ukraine war, China’s lockdown

Previous Story

Santoor maestro Pandit Shivkumar Sharma passes away

Next Story

Amit Shah announces e-Census by 2024

Latest from China

India Tightens Checks on Chinese Imports

India has ramped up monitoring of Chinese imports amid growing concerns of cheap goods being redirected into the Indian market following the United States’ steep tariff hike on Chinese exports. Commerce Secretary

China Says US Tariff Hikes Violate WTO Rules

China is among the hardest-hit, facing a 34 per cent levy—part of what Washington describes as reciprocal measures aimed at rebalancing trade deficits and curbing unfair trade practices China has strongly condemned

Bangladesh’s China Pivot: A Risky Bet?

While leveraging major powers for economic and strategic benefits is a common diplomatic tactic for smaller nations, the risks of over-reliance on China are well-documented in the experiences of Sri Lanka, the

India, China discuss resumption of dialogue   

The two nations agreed to continue efforts to facilitate and promote people-to-people exchanges, including arrangements for the resumption of direct flights, interaction between media and think tanks   Gourangalal Das, Joint Secretary
Go toTop