March 22, 2022
1 min read

Rs 480 crore already spent for New Parliament Building

As per physical progress, Redevelopment of Central Vista Avenue has completed 80 per cent and total Rs 441 crore has been spent on this so far…reports Asian Lite News

Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs Kaushal Kishore on Monday shared the status report regarding the progress of various ongoing work under the Central Vista Master Plan.

The report says that the Centre has so far spent Rs 480 crore in the construction of New Parliament Building. It has been built 44 per cent while the remaining will be built in the due time.

Four projects were shown as special project in the status report. Rs 9 crore has been spent on the construction of Vice President Enclave while only three per cent physical progress has been completed.

Rs 243 crore has been spent so far on the construction of Common Central Secretariat Buildings 1, 2 and 3, and only three per cent has been completed.

As per physical progress, Redevelopment of Central Vista Avenue has completed 80 per cent and total Rs 441 crore has been spent on this so far.

Kishore also shared the data chart of further expenditure, the money that are expected to be spent on various work under the Master Plan since the commencement of the work.

As per the chart, Rs 1,423 crore is likely to be spent during the 2021-22 financial year while Rs 2,285 crore will be spent on the construction in the financial year 2022-23.

ALSO READ-Govt evades direct answer to green nod for Central Vista

Previous Story

‘Op Ganga’ brought back 22500 Indians to homeland

Next Story

Pandemic severely affected education system, says Minister

Latest from India News

Parliament Passes Waqf Bill

Parliament passes Waqf (Amendment) Bill after fierce opposition protests; Modi calls it a “watershed moment” for transparency and justice, while critics allege bias and threat to minority rights. After marathon discussions and

India Acts as ‘First Responder’ in Myanmar: Jaishankar

Jaishankar took the opportunity to underscore India’s swift humanitarian response, highlighting Operation Brahma, which was launched to assist those affected by the earthquake. External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Thursday expressed India’s
Go toTop