February 9, 2022
1 min read

Five injured in South Sudan plane crash

At least five people are nursing injuries sustained during a cargo plane crash while landing at Agok Airstrip in the Abyei Administrative Area disputed between the border of Sudan and South Sudan…reports Asian Lite news

Kuol Diem Kuol, Chief Administrator of Abyei Administrative Area said on that the Antonov 26 plane, owned by the Ministry of Defense, was delivering primary eight examination papers from Juba when it crashed upon landing on the runway on Tuesday.

Diem said the plane had already distributed examination materials in Bentiu town of Unity state, and was destined to deliver more examination materials to Rumbek town of Lakes state, Xinhua news agency reported.

The national primary school examinations are expected to commence on February 14.

ALSO READ: High ranking Sudan police killed in fresh protests

Awut Deng Acuil, South Sudan Minister for General Education and Instruction, confirmed the incident, adding that the examination papers are now in safe custody of the police.

Several planes have crashed in recent years in South Sudan.

In 2018, 19 people died when a small aircraft carrying passengers from Juba to Yirol, crashed.

In March 2020, a cargo plane crashed in the north-eastern Jonglei state, leaving 10 killed.

The latest accident in November 2021 left five people dead when a cargo plane crashed in the Maban area of the Upper Nile state.

Previous Story

Russia, Iran FMs discuss JCPOA revival as negotiations resume in Vienna

Next Story

Slovenia celebrates National Day at Expo 2020

Latest from AFRICA NEWS

Mali embraces solar power for rural areas  

The border village of Karan and its 3,000 people used to go days without electricity. Now, enough power is available around the clock to run small video gaming centers and boost commercial

British exports shine in African infrastructure 

Established 18 years ago, Dints is a London-based project integrator that specialises in connecting buyers, suppliers, logistics providers, and funding partners  A significant partnership between UK Export Finance (UKEF) and British firm

Congo doubles salaries for beleaguered army  

M23 has seized eastern Congo’s two largest cities in a swift offensive that has left thousands dead, forced hundreds of thousands to flee their homes, and piled pressure on President Felix Tshisekedi 
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Mohammed bin Rashid visits African dining hall at Expo

His Highness’s visited the African dining hall Alkebulan, which showcases

Terrorists must not be allowed to operate in Libya, says foreign secy

“The international community must speak in one voice terrorism in