January 20, 2022
2 mins read

Musk warns UN about population collapse

The SpaceX CEO’s theory believes that when an increasingly-elderly global population clashes with declining birth rates around the world in the near future a ‘population bomb’ would go off….reports Asian Lite News

Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has slammed the United Nations (UN) once again, saying that there are “not enough people” in the world and one should be more worried about population collapse.

In a latest tweet, Musk posted, “UN projections are utter nonsense. Just multiply last year’s births by life expectancy. Given downward trend in birth rate, that is best case unless reversed.”

“We should be much more worried about population collapse,” Musk wrote.

Musk said that if there aren’t enough people for Earth, “then there definitely won’t be enough for Mars.”

The SpaceX CEO’s theory believes that when an increasingly-elderly global population clashes with declining birth rates around the world in the near future a ‘population bomb’ would go off.

Musk first broached the topic back in 2017 when Musk replied to a publication saying, “The world’s population is accelerating towards collapse, but few seem to notice or care.”

Tim Peake, a British astronaut earlier said that Musk’s prestigious SpaceX project could accelerate time to help man walk on Mars in just another 20 years or so by 2040.

Meanwhile Musk said that there are now 1,469 Starlink satellites active, with 272 “moving to operational orbits currently.

The CEO added, “laser links activate soon”.

In July 2021, Musk said that laser links in orbit can reduce long-distance latency by as much as 50 per cent, due to the higher speed of light in vacuum and shorter path than undersea fiber.

A recent report said that the satellite internet division of SpaceX now has more than 1,45,000 users across 25 countries globally.

Until November 2021, SpaceX had added roughly 11,000 users per month since beginning service in October 2020.

Last year, Musk at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) conference said Starlink should have roughly 500,000 users within the next 12 months.

He said Starlink is already running in 12 countries and expanding.

“We’re, I think on our way, to having a few hundred thousand users, possibly over 500,000 users within 12 months,” he added.

Starlink shipped 100,000 terminals to customers recently. The project aims to provide global broadband connectivity via a constellation of satellites.

ALSO READ: Biden calls Texas synagogue incident as act of terror

Previous Story

Washington authorises additional $200 M security aid to Ukraine

Next Story

Global Covid caseload tops 337.1 mn

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

China lodges protest after US senators visited Taiwan

Chinese foreign ministry said America should cease all forms of

Washington Crash: Trump Says It Was Preventable

Taking to his social media platform ‘Truth Social’, Trump posted,