September 13, 2022
1 min read

Toronto cop shot dead in mass shooting, suspect detained


Multiple sources have confirmed that the victim of the fatal shooting is a Toronto police officer, according to the media reports…reports Asian Lite News

A Canadian police officer was killed and a suspect is in custody following two daylight shootings in Toronto, local media reported.

Police said on Twitter that a suspect has been located and is in police custody, reports Xinhua news agency.

One person has been pronounced deceased at the scene and at least three others have been transported to hospital, the police said.

“I’m horrified by today’s senseless violence, including the killing of a Toronto police officer,” Ontario Premier Doug Ford said on Twitter.

Multiple sources have confirmed that the victim of the fatal shooting is a Toronto police officer, according to the media reports.

The police issued a public alert about an active shooter Monday afternoon and said that they were searching for a suspect who was “armed and dangerous”.

The police are investigating the shootings and there is no word yet as to what led to the shootings, said the media reports.

Mass stabbings

Canadian police have said that 10 people were killed and 15 others injured after stabbings at multiple locations in Saskatchewan last week.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said in a press conference that they found 13 incident locations in James Smith Cree Nation and Weldon of the province in central Canada and are hunting for two suspects.

The whereabouts of the suspects are unknown and everyone in Saskatchewan needs to remain vigilant as this is one of the largest and most significant events they have seen in recent years, the police added.

A provincewide dangerous persons alert issued for the suspects in the random stabbings has been expanded to two neighbouring provinces, Manitoba and Alberta. Police checkpoints have been set up throughout Saskatchewan, Xinhua news agency reported.

James Smith Cree Nation is located about 25 km northeast of Weldon and nearly 60 km southeast of Prince Albert. The local government of James Smith Cree Nation declared a state of emergency, which is set to remain in place until 5 p.m. on September 30.

ALSO READ: One suspect in Canada stabbings found dead

Previous Story

Japan’s Okinawa still opposes to US base relocation

Next Story

Iran urges US to prove reliability to rejoin N-deal

Latest from -Top News

India Tightens Checks on Chinese Imports

India has ramped up monitoring of Chinese imports amid growing concerns of cheap goods being redirected into the Indian market following the United States’ steep tariff hike on Chinese exports. Commerce Secretary

Economists Warn of Impending US Recession

Leading global brokerages and economists are sounding alarm bells over the likelihood of a US recession, following the Donald Trump administration’s announcement of sweeping reciprocal tariffs on foreign imports. JPMorgan Chase &

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Canada to host 7th Assembly of Global Environment Facility

Canada decided to host the Seventh Assembly of the Global

Canadian allegations against India ‘serious’, says US

State Department’s Deputy Spokesperson Vedant Patel told reporters at a