Hajj pilgrims flock to Mount Arafat


 Various government sectors taking part in the Hajj season have provided all medical, emergency and catering services for pilgrims….reports Asian Lite News

Hajj pilgrims on Tuesday began flocking to Mount Arafat. They were accompanied by a direct security follow-up carried out by the personnel of the various security sectors to organize the movement, and guide pilgrims and ensure their safety.

 Various government sectors taking part in the Hajj season have provided all medical, emergency and catering services for pilgrims.

 At sunset today, the pilgrims will start moving to Muzdalifah, where they will perform Maghrib and Isha prayers and will stay there until the dawn of tomorrow, 10 Dhul-Hijjah 1444 AH.

Meanwhile, Ministry of Interior Security Spokesman Colonel Talal bin Shalhoub announced that the first phase of the plan to transport pilgrims to the holy sites during the eighth day of Dul-Hijjah has been carried out with complete smoothness and tranquility.

 The spokesman also said that the transport of pilgrims from Makkah and the Grand Mosque to Mina to spend the day of Tarwiyah (Quenching Thirst) there in preparation for their march to Mount Arafat to perform the pinnacle of the Hajj pilgrimage on the evening of Tuesday, the eighth day of Dul-Hijjah, has completed. He said the ascension of pilgrims from Makkah to Arafat, where they will spend the night of 9th day of Dul-Hijjah has already begun and was ongoing.

 He noted that all security and government agencies are carrying out their duties at the holy sites to ensure a smooth performance of the Hajj rituals according to relevant plans, adding that the Hajj security agencies are moving ahead with their duties in verifying that pilgrims have obtained the necessary permits for Hajj.

 The spokesman said the security bodies will continue to carry out their tasks at all entrances leading to Makkah and the roads and passages leading to the Grand Mosque and impose a tight security cordon around the holy sites until the end of the Hajj season.

 He also said that some people had been caught at the entrances to Makkah and the holy sites for attempting to perform Hajj without a permit, adding that they have been fined and returned according to relevant laws and regulations. He warned that those caught transporting people with no Hajj permits will face a prison sentence of up to six months and a fine of SAR50,000 as well as defamation and deportation if he is an expatriate, and will be prohibited from entering the Kingdom according to the periods specified by law.

 The Undersecretary of the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah for Hajj Affairs, Dr. Ayed Algwinm, said that all preparations had been put in place, including well-equipped camps, to ensure that pilgrims perform their Hajj rituals with complete peace and tranquility.

 He explained that 65 percent of the pilgrims had ascended to Mina, with the remaining 35 percent to be headed to Arafat according to their wish, stressing that the ministry is continuing its efforts to ensure the well-being of pilgrims and that they receive high-quality services.

ALSO READ: ‘Largest Hajj in history’ begins

[mc4wp_form id=""]