December 27, 2023
1 min read

Iraq Condemns US Strike on Military Positions

An Iraqi official said that the US airstrikes hit bases of the paramilitary Hashd Shaabi forces in the provinces of Babil and Wasit in central Iraq…reports Asian Lite News

A security member was killed and 18 people were wounded on Tuesday in US airstrikes on Iraqi security sites south of Baghdad, the Iraqi government said in a statement.

“The Iraqi government condemns the targeting of Iraqi security sites by the US side at Tuesday dawn, which led to the martyrdom of a security member and the injury of 18 people, including civilians,” said the statement by the media office of Prime Minister Mohammed Shia’ al-Sudani.

The attack was “a clear and unconstructive hostile act that contradicts the declared desire of the US side to strengthen relations with Iraq,” it added as quoted by Xinhua news agency report.

“We stress that this step harms bilateral relations and will complicate ways to reach understanding through joint dialogue to end the presence of the international coalition, and, above all, it represents an unacceptable violation of Iraqi sovereignty,” the statement said.

An Iraqi official told Xinhua news agency that the US airstrikes hit bases of the paramilitary Hashd Shaabi forces in the provinces of Babil and Wasit in central Iraq, which led to human and material losses.

Earlier on Tuesday, the White House said that US President Joe Biden ordered the military to launch airstrikes against three locations utilized by Kataib Hezbollah and affiliated groups in Iraq after a drone attack on Monday on a US base near Erbil Airport in northern Iraq wounded three US service members, one critically.

ALSO READ: Biden falls while Trump rises in US polls

Previous Story

US Voices Deep Concerns About Navalny’s Detention Conditions

Next Story

Ex-Japan PM Commends Global Peace Drive in Hyderabad

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

White House says Russia could attack Ukraine at any point

Psaki’s remarks on the growing threat over Ukraine came as

Ro Khanna receives democracy award for workplace achievement

Born in 1976 in Philadelphia to Indian immigrants, Khanna represents