October 5, 2023
2 mins read

Trump Campaign Raises Over $45.5M in Q3

Trump and DeSantis are the first two candidates to announce fundraising totals for the July-to-September fundraising period…reports Asian Lite News

Former US President Donald Trump’s campaign announced to have raised more than $45 million in the third quarter as a result of “overwhelming grassroots” support for the Republican presidential frontrunner.

In a statement on Wednesday, the campaign said that Trump had raised more than $37.5 million cash on hand at the end of September, of which nearly $36 million has been designated for use in the primary, reports CNN.

According to a campaign aide, the third-quarter total were raised through Trump’s joint fundraising committee — the proceeds of which are split between his official campaign and the Save America political action committee.

The campaign also noted that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign had previously announced that just $5 million of the $15 million raised by his political operation in the third quarter was available for the primary election battles ahead.

Trump and DeSantis are the first two candidates to announce fundraising totals for the July-to-September fundraising period, CNN reported.

All candidates must disclose details of their fundraising and spending to federal campaign finance regulators by the close of the day on October 15.

In the second quarter, Trump had raised about $35 million amid the criminal indictments against him earlier this year.

Recently, a US judge has issued a limited gag order against Trump in the New York civil fraud case after the latter made “disparaging” remarks about a court clerk.

Tuesday’s gag order is limited and restricted to public comments against members of court staff, reports the BBC.

Earlier on Tuesday, the former President had posted a picture on his social media site Truth Social of principal clerk Allison Greenfield with Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer at a campaign event.

In the post, he called Greenfield “Schumer’s girlfriend” and said that the case against him should be dismissed.

After a court break, Judge Arthur Engoron did not mention anyone by name but referenced the Truth Social post and said that a defendant “posted to a social media account a disparaging, untrue and personally identifying post about a member of my staff”.

“Personal attacks on members of my court staff are unacceptable, inappropriate and I will not tolerate them under any circumstances,” he said. “Failure to abide by this order will result in serious sanctions,” the BBC quoted the judge as saying.

Justice Engoron said that his statement should be considered a gag order forbidding any posts, emails or public remarks about members of his staff.

The post was removed shortly after the gag order.

Trump has called the trial a “fraud” and a “scam” and pledged to take the stand in his own defence.

ALSO READ: US Judge issues gag order against Trump in NY fraud case 

Previous Story

ADIPEC Spotlights Tech Impact on Energy Transition

Next Story

Kerala diaspora Members to be Honoured in New York

Latest from -Top News

Modi Due in Sri Lanka to Cement Ties

Indian High Commissioner to Sri Lanka Santosh Jha described the visit to island nation as “very important” and likely will set a fresh agenda for bilateral cooperation Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit

India Acts as ‘First Responder’ in Myanmar: Jaishankar

Jaishankar took the opportunity to underscore India’s swift humanitarian response, highlighting Operation Brahma, which was launched to assist those affected by the earthquake. External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Thursday expressed India’s

MIND Diet Shows Short-Term Gains for Cognition

The study enrolled 604 participants who were overweight, had a suboptimal diet, and a family history of Alzheimer’s disease The MIND diet, known for its emphasis on brain-healthy foods like whole grains,
Go toTop

Don't Miss

US economy ends 2023 on a high  

After the Federal Reserve indicated it was effectively finished raising

Biden’s social spending bill likely to extend into early 2022

Schumer noted that the Senate will consider the Build Back