June 17, 2024
1 min read

Philippines Accuses China of Reckless Behavior

The Southeast Asian nation has been raising its deep concerns for a long time now over China’s strategic expansion into the South China Sea…reports Asian Lite News

Slamming China for its “reckless behaviour” in the West Philippine Sea, the Philippines on Monday said that its armed forces will go all out to protect the country’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.

“China’s dangerous and reckless behaviour in the West Philippine Sea shall be resisted by the AFP (Armed Forces of the Philippines). Their behaviour contravenes their statements of good faith and decency. We will exert our utmost to fulfill our sworn mandate to protect our territorial integrity, sovereignty, and sovereign rights,” said Gilberto Teodoro, Secretary of the Philippines’ Department of National Defence (DND).

“It should now be clear to the international community that China’s actions are the true obstacles to peace and stability in the South China Sea,” he added.

The Southeast Asian nation has been raising its deep concerns for a long time now over China’s strategic expansion into the South China Sea.

Last week, during a reception held on the Swedish National Day, Teodoro asserted that tensions in the region “emanate solely” from the “so-called ten-dash illegally claimed” by China as their territory.

“China wants us to go to the small details to forget the main message. The main message is: The ten-dash-line is the provocation. And everything flows from that,” the Defence Secretary told reporters at the sidelines of the event.

“They have no business being anywhere in the West Philippine Sea and other areas where we have jurisdiction. They are trying to bait us by straying from the main points and dragging us into an action-drama debate, where we focus on minor details which stray us from the main message. Let’s stick to the message,” he said.

ALSO READ: Netanyahu Ends War Cabinet Following Resignations

Previous Story

Netanyahu Ends War Cabinet Following Resignations

Next Story

China, Australia Sign MoU to Restart Economic Dialogue

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

China holds military drill as US warship sails through Taiwan Strait

The Taiwan Strait is a channel separating the island of

US readies USD 330 million arms package for Taiwan

The arms package is to include 30mm ammunition, spare parts