March 26, 2024
1 min read

Six Killed, Including Five Chinese, in Pakistan Suicide Blast

China’s Gezhouba Group Company is involved in the construction of a major hydroelectric dam in the Dasu area, which has been a target in the past as well….reports Asian Lite News

In a suicide attack, six people, including five Chinese nationals, were killed after the vehicle in which they were travelling was targeted in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Besham city in Shangla district, media reports said.

Police said the attackers crashed their vehicle full of explosives into the car carrying Chinese engineers who were going to Dasu camp in Kohistan from Islamabad, the Geo News reported on Tuesday.

The car’s driver, who was a Pakistani national, succumbed to his injuries during treatment in a hospital.

A search operation was launched in the area for the suspects after a heavy contingent of security personnel arrived at the site and cordoned off the area.

China’s Gezhouba Group Company is involved in the construction of a major hydroelectric dam in the Dasu area, which has been a target in the past as well.

A bus explosion in 2021 in the region had killed 13 people, including nine Chinese nationals.

Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari condemned the incident and expressed solidarity with the families of the deceased.

A statement issued by PPP’s media cell on X said that Bilawal extended condolences to the Chinese government and called for severe punishment for those involved in the attack.

The safety of Chinese workers has long been an area of concern in Pakistan with a convoy of Chinese engineers attacked in Balochistan province by armed rebels last year.

Dasu is the site of a major hydroelectric dam, under construction by the China Gezhouba Group Company, and the area has been attacked in the past.

ALSO READ: Infiltrate Pakistan, Afghan Taliban tell TTP

Previous Story

Times Square Illuminates With Holi Wishes

Next Story

PM Modi Congratulates Belgian PM on Nuclear Summit, Discusses Bilateral Ties

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

China Stirs up Taiwan Strait 

This incident follows a recent pattern of escalated manoeuvres by

Japan Condemns Longest Chinese Coast Guard Intrusion

In the longest recorded intrusion into Japan’s territorial waters, Chinese