February 10, 2024
1 min read

US,UK Launch Airstrikes on Houthi Targets in Yemen’s Hodeidah Port

Eyewitnesses said the strikes on Saturday afternoon targetted the Houthi-controlled maritime military base, Xinhua news agency reported…reports Asian Lite News

 The US and Britain launched new airstrikes on Houthi targets in Yemen’s Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, the media reported.

The airstrikes hit the Al-Salif port of the Al-Salif district, northwest of the city, the Houthi-run al-Masirah TV said on Saturday, without providing more details.

Eyewitnesses said the strikes on Saturday afternoon targetted the Houthi-controlled maritime military base, Xinhua news agency reported.

The strikes, which followed US attacks on two Houthi mobile unmanned surface vessels, four mobile anti-ship cruise missiles, and one mobile land attack cruise missile on Friday, were the latest in a series of similar attacks conducted by the US-British coalition in the Red Sea against Houthi targets since November last year.

The Houthis, who control much of northern Yemen, including the strategic port city of Hodeidah along the Red Sea, have been launching deadly missile attacks on commercial vessels since mid-November last year, saying they target Israeli, US, and British vessels, in support of the Palestinians in Gaza.

ALSO READ-31 Hostages Die in Hamas Custody, Confirms Israel

Previous Story

PM Modi Due in UAE

Next Story

Yemeni Leadership and UN Envoy Hold Talks on Restarting Peace Process

Latest from -Top News

India Tightens Checks on Chinese Imports

India has ramped up monitoring of Chinese imports amid growing concerns of cheap goods being redirected into the Indian market following the United States’ steep tariff hike on Chinese exports. Commerce Secretary

Economists Warn of Impending US Recession

Leading global brokerages and economists are sounding alarm bells over the likelihood of a US recession, following the Donald Trump administration’s announcement of sweeping reciprocal tariffs on foreign imports. JPMorgan Chase &

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Bill moved to kill work programme for foreign students in US

Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Key US Senator clears decks for MQ-9B drones for India

The administration notified the US Congress on Thursday that it