“The Queen sends her warmest good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland, and looks forward to visiting in the future,” it added…reports Asian Lite News.
Queen Elizabeth II has canceled a trip to Northern Ireland at the last minute following “medical advice” from her doctors.
A Buckingham Palace statement sent to Insider on Wednesday said she “reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days.”
The 95-year-old was due to travel to Northern Ireland on Wednesday for a two-day visit, according to the palace.
The statement said: “The Queen has reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days. Her Majesty is in good spirits and is disappointed that she will no longer be able to visit Northern Ireland, where she had been due to undertake a series of engagements today and tomorrow.”
“The Queen sends her warmest good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland, and looks forward to visiting in the future,” it added.
The Guardian reports that the Queen’s decision is not related to COVID-19. The publication added that she is instead resting at Windsor Castle, where she hosted a reception for business leaders, tech entrepreneurs, and politicians on Tuesday after the government’s Global Investment Summit.
In early October, she was also photographed using a cane for the first time in over a decade. Insider’s Samantha Grindell reported that the monarch used the cane while attending a Service of Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey to celebrate 100 years of the Royal British Legion, the United Kingdom’s largest military charity group.
According to People, the last time she used a cane was in 2003 after undergoing knee surgery.
The Queen is due to attend COP26, the United Nations Climate Change Conference, taking place in Glasgow at the end of October. It is currently unknown if she will also cancel this trip due to medical advice.
Buckingham Palace did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.