May 31, 2022
1 min read

France to deliver Caesar howitzers to Ukraine

The Ukrainian leader added that Kiev is counting on France’s support for Ukraine on its path toward getting to a candidate status for EU membership in June…reports Asian Lite News

Visiting French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna has said that her country will deliver more Caesar howitzers to Ukraine, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported.

“There will be new deliveries of Caesar self-propelled artillery systems soon, and we will continue to work together in this context,” Colonna told a joint media briefing with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba in Kiev on Monday.

She said France stands ready to become a mediator in Ukraine’s open dialogue with Russia if a need arises. Besides, the French Minister added that Paris supports granting Ukraine a candidate status to the European Union under a fast-track procedure.

According to media reports, France has already supplied six Caesar howitzers to Ukraine.

Colonna arrived in Ukraine earlier on Monday for a working visit, becoming the highest-ranked French official to visit Kiev since the Russia-Ukraine conflict started on February 24.

During the talks, Zelensky thanked France for the financial aid for Kiev and the assistance of the French government in the treatment of wounded Ukrainian servicemen.

The Ukrainian leader added that Kiev is counting on France’s support for Ukraine on its path toward getting to a candidate status for EU membership in June.

Zelensky and Colonna also exchanged views on the ways to unblock Ukrainian ports to prevent the global food crisis, and they touched upon Ukraine’s post-conflict recovery.

The French Foreign Minister arrived in Ukraine earlier on Monday, becoming the highest-ranked French official to visit Kiev since the start of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on February 24.

Colonna also held talks with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba, pledging to continue military assistance for Ukraine.

ALSO READ-India-Bangladesh train services resume after two-year break

Previous Story

‘The IPCRESS File’: A hard-boiled British espionage thriller

Next Story

Biden’s Putin fixation strains ties in Asia

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Three European prime ministers head to Kiev

The European leaders are set to meet with Ukrainian President

Microsoft confirms ‘destructive’ malware attack on Ukrainian govt

As a result of the cyber-attack, the websites of the