March 14, 2022
1 min read

India’s new envoy to China takes charge

Ambassador Rawat succeeds Vikram Misri, who was appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor…reports Asian Lite News

India’s new envoy to China Pradeep Kumar Rawat assumed charge on Monday.

Pradeep Rawat was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to China in December last year. Rawat earlier served as the envoy to the Netherlands.

Ambassador Rawat succeeds Vikram Misri, who was appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor.

“H.E. Shri. Pradeep Kumar Rawat, Ambassador of India to the People’s Republic of China assumed charge @EOIBeijing today,” Indian Embassy in China said in a tweet.

According to a Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) release, Rawat has spent the majority of his diplomatic career handling Beijing from Delhi and was the joint secretary (East Asia) from 2014 to 2017.

Rawat’s appointment comes at a time when engagement with China has become “complex.”

The MEA said in its annual report that the two sides have agreed to manage their differences and not allow differences on any issue to become disputes.

Further, India and China agreed that pending the final settlement of the boundary question, maintenance of peace and tranquility in the border areas is an essential basis for the overall development of the bilateral relationship.

However, since April-May 2020 the Chinese side undertook several attempts to unilaterally alter the status quo along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Western Sector, which seriously disturbed the peace and tranquility along the LAC in the Western Sector.

“These attempts were invariably met with an appropriate response from Indian Armed Forces,” MEA said and added that the continued unilateral attempts by China to change the status quo have impacted the bilateral relationship since then. (ANI)

ALSO READ-India mulls Rupee payments for trade with Russia: Report

Previous Story

Expo 2020 Congrats Botswana

Next Story

Egypt Plans Reforms in Economy

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Rare earth prices hit record high in China

This index measuring the prices in China of 21 rare

US lauds Indian Navy’s role in strategic waters

In the last few weeks, the Indian Navy extended assistance