February 8, 2024
1 min read

Prince Harry returns to be at King Charles’ side

Britain’s King Charles III has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Monday…reports Asian Lite News

Prince Harry has flown back to the UK to see his father King Charles III following news of his cancer diagnosis, as per media reports, CNN said.

Harry, who arrived in London on Tuesday from California, has been involved in a long-running, public falling out with his family in the years since he and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, stepped back from royal duties, though the duke did make a brief visit to the UK for Charles’ coronation last year, as per CNN.

Prince Harry was photographed being driven into the gates of Clarence House, the King’s London residence, at around 2:45 pm (9.45 am ET).

Harry was seen in the photograph seated in the back of a black SUV. Harry flew from Los Angeles to London overnight, landing at about 12:30 pm, British media reported.

Harry’s return has sparked speculation of reconciliation with his family after years of estrangement. However, a royal source said there were no plans for Harry to meet his brother Prince William while he’s in London, according to CNN.

Britain’s King Charles III has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Monday.

The King of Britain has been advised by his doctors to postpone public-facing duties. He has already begun the schedule of regular treatments after the diagnosis.

However, he will continue to handle official documentation and state business as usual throughout this time.

“During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer. His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties,” the statement from Buckingham Palace read. (ANI)

ALSO READ-Blinken Meets Saudi Crown Prince

Previous Story

Pakistan: Delay in election results likely

Next Story

Taliban detain 10 for singing, playing music

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Prince Harry, Elton John appear at court in privacy lawsuit

Prince Harry wears black suit and white shirt, smiles as

King Charles’s coronation dodges Kohinoor debate

“Basically, [the palace have] decided to do the safe and