February 11, 2024
1 min read

No Plans to Escalate Regional Conflict: Iran

The top Iranian diplomat also called on the US to pressure Israel to stop the attacks on Gaza and the West Bank…reports Asian Lite News

 Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian has said that his country did not want to see an expansion of the war in the region, the media reported.

“Iran and Lebanon confirm that the war is not the solution, and we never want to expand the scope of the war,” he said on Saturday during a joint press conference with his Lebanese counterpart Abdallah Bou Habib in Beirut.

The top Iranian diplomat also called on the US to pressure Israel to stop the attacks on Gaza and the West Bank, Xinhua news agency reported.

Amir-Abdollahian said the US was taking two different approaches: One is to continue supplying Israel with weapons and participate in the Gaza war, and the second is talking about a political solution to be reached soon.

For his part, Bou Habib said Lebanon had never wanted a war but sought stability, calm, and a comprehensive and just peace in the region.

“We stressed the need for the international community to assume its responsibility by stopping Israel’s war against Lebanon and Gaza,” Bou Habib added.

During his meeting with Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati earlier on Saturday, Amir-Abdollahian emphasised the necessity to exert more efforts to stop the Israeli aggression on Gaza and reach just solutions for all countries in the region, according to a statement released by Lebanon’s Council of Ministers.

The Iranian Minister added the US-led attacks in Yemen had worsened the crisis in the region, according to a statement released by Al-Intishar, a local news website.

Amir-Abdollahian also met with Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah to discuss the latest developments on Saturday.

Nasrallah said the resistance groups constituted a vital element in the region, and the victory of the Palestinians and the Islamic resistance is inevitable, according to Al-Intishar.

ALSO READ: Iran Envoy: Chabahar Port Boosts India-Iran Ties

Previous Story

Yemeni Leadership and UN Envoy Hold Talks on Restarting Peace Process

Next Story

Israeli strikes kill 44 Palestinians in Rafah

Latest from -Top News

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel

EU prepares retaliation for Trump’s tariffs

The European Commission is assembling a fresh round of counter-tariffs aimed at US goods, adding to two existing lists of potential targets—one of which includes products that were hit by suspended tariffs

US, EU slam China’s war games near Taiwan

US President Donald Trump underscored the need to maintain peace in the Taiwan Strait, advocating for a diplomatic approach to cross-strait tensions while warning against the use of force The United States

£13.9 billion of R&D fund to boost innovation, jobs

Funding outlined to support transformational R&D in areas like life sciences, green energy, engineering and beyond More UK innovators like those developing treatment-transforming dementia tests or building world-leading testing facilities to power

OPEC+ accelerates oil output hikes

Despite the production boost, the group emphasised that future adjustments remain flexible and could be paused or reversed depending on market conditions. Eight OPEC+ nations have unexpectedly decided to accelerate their oil
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Raisi urges removal of sanctions on nuke deal revival

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi said that Washington should show its

Iran to Reimpose Stadium Ban on Women

Observers believe that a female pitch invader at a match