May 23, 2024
2 mins read

Trump accuses Biden of deadly intent in FBI warrant

Trump’s latest claim came in response to a court filing outlining the FBI’s plans to search his Mar-a-Lago club…reports Asian Lite News

Former US President Donald Trump sparked disbelief and some support on Wednesday by suggesting that a 2022 FBI search warrant for his Florida mansion indicated President Joe Biden wanted armed agents to shoot him.

According to AFP report, Trump’s latest claim came in response to a court filing outlining the FBI’s plans to search his Mar-a-Lago club, where he stored classified national security documents after leaving the White House.

The filing included standard FBI language allowing the use of deadly force if someone posed an imminent danger. However, Trump, who is running against Biden in the upcoming election, twisted this to claim the Justice Department was ready to kill him and harm his family, according to the report.

“It’s just been revealed that Biden’s DOJ was authorized to use DEADLY FORCE for their DESPICABLE raid in Mar-a-Lago. You know they’re just itching to do the unthinkable,” Trump said in a fundraising email. He further alleged, “Joe Biden was locked & loaded ready to take me out & put my family in danger. He thinks he can frighten me, intimidate me, and KNOCK ME DOWN!”

These comments add to a series of false claims made by Trump, accusing Biden of weaponising the justice system against him. Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer urged lawmakers to condemn Trump’s “outlandish and dangerous” remarks, warning against igniting flames that could harm democracy.

President Biden had recently accused Trump of using Nazi rhetoric following the publication of a video referencing a “unified Reich.”

Trump is using “Hitler’s language. That’s not America’s,” Biden said in a campaign video released on Tuesday.

In the short clip, the Democrat holds a phone in his hand and says, referencing the video: “Is this on his official account? Wow.”

On Monday, Trump shared a video, which was later deleted, on his social media site Truth Social, showing mocks of newspaper articles that would be written if Trump won the presidential election in November.

Among the bits of text featured was a subheading referring to “the creation of a unified Reich.” The term “empire” in German is often associated with the Third Reich under Adolf Hitler’s Nazi regime from 1933-1945.

The word Reich in the video presumably refers to the founding of the German Reich in 1871, with the text being taken from a Wikipedia entry on World War I, according to US media.

According to the reports, the video was created using a ready-made newspaper article mask. It has also been used in other clips circulating online.

Other newspaper headlines in the video published on Trump’s platform also make reference to World War I.

Trump’s team later confirmed that the clip had been removed from his account. A spokeswoman for his campaign team said that it “was not a campaign video, it was created by a random account online and reposted by a staffer who clearly did not see the word.”

ALSO READ: ‘US investing $3.8 bn to meet India’s renewable energy, infra goals’

Previous Story

Trump supporters engage with Arab, Muslim communities in Michigan

Next Story

Tough Times Ahead for Sharif Govt

Latest from -Top News

Protests across US against Trump

The largest event was at the National Mall in DC, where demonstrators numbered in the tens of thousands People across the US took to the streets on Saturday to oppose what left-leaning

Namibia voices concern over US tariffs

AGOA is a non-reciprocal trade arrangement aimed at supporting development in African countries through preferential access to US markets The Namibian government has expressed concern over newly imposed US tariffs, warning that

Africa CDC calls for self-reliance

Data from the African Union’s specialised healthcare agency show that the continent, over the past 24 months, has witnessed an “unprecedented surge in public health emergencies,” rising from 152 disease outbreaks in

US to revoke all South Sudan visas

Trump’s administration has taken aggressive measures to ramp up immigration enforcement, including the repatriation of people deemed to be in the US illegallyThe US said on Saturday it would revoke all visas

Panama wants ‘respectful’ ties with US

The US State Department said Landau had “expressed gratitude for Panama’s cooperation in halting illegal immigration and working with the US to secure a nearly 98% decrease in illegal immigration Panama hopes
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Vivek Murthy to join WHO executive board

Dr. Vivek H. Murthy was confirmed by the U.S. Senate

US F-35 crash lands in SCS, pilot ejects safely

The US Navy said that the pilot is in stable