June 24, 2025
2 mins read

No Ceasefire Deal, Says Tehran

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi says no “agreement” on ceasefire between Israel and Iran…reports Asian Lite News

Uncertainty and scepticism mounted on Monday after a surprise ceasefire announcement by the United States, as a senior Iranian official told CNN that Tehran had received no formal proposal from Washington and saw no reason to halt hostilities with either Israel or the US.

“At this very moment, the enemy is committing aggression against Iran, and Iran is on the verge of intensifying its retaliatory strikes, with no ear to listen to the lies of its enemies,” the official was quoted as saying. He added that remarks from US and Israeli leaders would be seen as a “deception” intended to justify further attacks on Iran.

Meanwhile Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi says no “agreement” on ceasefire between Israel and Iran as per media reports.

The conflicting narratives raised questions about the implementation and durability of any potential ceasefire. As of Monday night, neither Israeli nor Iranian officials had publicly confirmed any agreement.

The White House and the Pentagon had also not issued formal statements, and it remained unclear whether the reported deal had been communicated through diplomatic channels, or whether either side intended to follow the terms.

US President Donald Trump announced Monday evening that Israel and Iran have reached a formal agreement to implement a complete and total ceasefire, marking what he called the end of the “12-Day War.”

In a post on his Truth Social platform Monday, Trump congratulated both nations and revealed that the ceasefire will begin in approximately six hours, following the completion of each side’s ongoing military operations. The ceasefire will initially last 12 hours, during which the opposing side will maintain a posture of “peace and respect.”

According to Trump, Iran will initiate the ceasefire, followed by Israel 12 hours later, culminating in an official declaration of the war’s end at the 24-hour mark.

“On the assumption that everything works as it should, which it will,” Trump wrote, “I would like to congratulate both countries… on having the stamina, courage, and intelligence to end what should be called ‘THE 12 DAY WAR.'”

Calling the agreement a breakthrough that “could have saved the Middle East from years of destruction,” Trump ended his announcement with a sweeping message of unity: “God bless Israel, God bless Iran, God bless the Middle East, God bless the United States of America, and GOD BLESS THE WORLD!”

Previous Story

Qatar: Retaliation on the Table

Next Story

Middle East Shutdown Disrupts Kerala Flights

Latest from -Top News

Modi Meets Xi in Tianjin

During the meeting, the two leaders reviewed the progress of India-China ties since last meet in Russia’s Kazan in 2024…reports Asian Lite News Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a bilateral meeting with

Xi Woos Arab World

For Egypt, the summit carries special significance. Egypt’s accession as an SCO dialogue partner marks a strategic step toward forging more balanced, diversified international partnerships, particularly with emerging countries such as China,

More Killings in Gaza

Israel’s state-owned Kan TV News reported that Israel will stop the airdrop operation of humanitarian aid over Gaza City in the coming days, and the entry of ground aid via trucks to

Comic-Con Africa draws thousands of fans

The four-day convention, running from Thursday to Sunday, transformed the city’s Gallagher Convention Centre into a vibrant hub of creativity and fandom…reports Asian Lite News Tens of thousands of fans of comics,
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Republicans file contempt charges against Biden’s ghostwriter

The contempt proceedings are the latest Republican legal salvo against

Gabbard Confident in Growing US-India Ties

Gabbard thanked PM Modi for inviting her to the Raisina