June 26, 2022
1 min read

Chinese visas soon for Afghan businessmen

Muttaqi called on the Chinese Ambassador to expedite the process of issuing Chinese visas to Afghan businessmen to which the envoy said that they were getting ready to start the procedure….reports Asian Lite News

The Chinese Embassy in Kabul is preparing to issue visas to Afghan businessmen, Beijing’s envoy to Afghanistan has confirmed.

The confirmation came during talks between Wang Yu, the Chinese Ambassador to Afghanistan, and the Taliban’s acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi here, reports Khaama Press.

In a tweet on Sunday, Abdul Qahar Balkhi, spokesman of the Foreign Ministry, said the two sides discussed earthquake relief, political issues, bilateral trade, humanitarian aid and the repatriation of Afghan students to China.

At the meeting, Muttaqi called on the Chinese Ambassador to expedite the process of issuing Chinese visas to Afghan businessmen to which the envoy said that they were getting ready to start the procedure.

Ambassador Wang also offered his sympathies to the families who were affected by last week’s devastating earthquake in Paktika province, saying China’s first consignment of humanitarian relief will arrive in Afghanistan on Monday.

According to the envoy, the aid includes tents, blankets, folding beds, and other essential supplies.

In response to the devastation caused by the quake, the Chinese government has already pledged an amount of $7.5 million in aid.

ALSO READ: ICJ urged to investigate China’s treatment of Uyghurs

Previous Story

Pak Army Chief calls on Musharraf in Dubai

Next Story

Africa’s Covid-19 cases pass 11.77 mn

Latest from -Top News

India Tightens Checks on Chinese Imports

India has ramped up monitoring of Chinese imports amid growing concerns of cheap goods being redirected into the Indian market following the United States’ steep tariff hike on Chinese exports. Commerce Secretary

Economists Warn of Impending US Recession

Leading global brokerages and economists are sounding alarm bells over the likelihood of a US recession, following the Donald Trump administration’s announcement of sweeping reciprocal tariffs on foreign imports. JPMorgan Chase &

Trump tariffs send world markets into panic

US benchmark crude oil shed $2.70 to $64.25 a barrel after major oil producers announced they plan to increase production. Brent crude, the international standard, was down $2.63 at $67.51 a barrel
Go toTop

Don't Miss

US, Japan leaders share concerns over China’s coercive activities

President Biden met with Japan’s PM Kishida today in Wilmington,

Blacklisted Chinese firm alleges nepotism in Pakistan

The complaint filed by the company has also proved to