July 28, 2021
2 mins read

3-year travel ban for Saudi citizens visiting red list nations

The source said that there are reports about citizens travelling to the countries where travel is prohibited in violation of the instructions issued by the official authorities…reports Asian Lite News

 The Ministry of Interior has warned Saudi citizens against travelling to countries that have been put on the no-travel list recently as these countries are currently witnessing a surge in cases of Covid-19 and its new variants.

In a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday, an official source at the ministry said that travelling to the banned countries is an explicit violation of the announced instructions, the Saudi Gazette reported.

The source said that there are reports about citizens travelling to the countries where travel is prohibited in violation of the instructions issued by the official authorities, warning that such deception, if proven, warrants legal accountability and heavy penalties. He added that those who are found to have violated the instructions would be banned from travelling abroad for 3 years.

The Ministry of Interior in the statement called on citizens against travelling directly or indirectly to countries where the pandemic has not yet been controlled and there are cases of mutated strains.

It also urged citizens to exercise caution and stay away from areas where instability prevails or the virus is spreading, and take all precautionary measures regardless of their destination.

The red-list countries include the UAE, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Iran, Turkey, Armenia, Ethiopia, Somalia, Congo, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Belarus, India and Vietnam.

Last week, Saudi Arabia had announced the successful conclusion of this year’s Hajj season, free from the Covid-19 and other contagious diseases, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Saudi Health Minister Tawfiq Al-Rabiah attributed the success to an integrated system of health facilities in the holy sites, highly equipped ambulances and qualified teams, the report said.

The minister added that limiting the number of domestic pilgrims during this Hajj season to 60,000 also contributed to the success, the Xinhua news agency reported.

For the second year in a row, Saudi Arabia has allowed only domestic pilgrims to performed Hajj to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.

As on Tuesday, the country’s coronavirus tally stands at 520,774, including 11,136 active cases, while the total number of deaths was at 8,189.

ALSO READ: Saudi navy launches latest warship Jazan in Spain


Previous Story

Expand Summit to attract venture capitalists for financing start-ups

Next Story

India’s Petroleum Minister completes GCC energy consultations

Latest from -Top News

Modi Due in Sri Lanka to Cement Ties

Indian High Commissioner to Sri Lanka Santosh Jha described the visit to island nation as “very important” and likely will set a fresh agenda for bilateral cooperation Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit

India Acts as ‘First Responder’ in Myanmar: Jaishankar

Jaishankar took the opportunity to underscore India’s swift humanitarian response, highlighting Operation Brahma, which was launched to assist those affected by the earthquake. External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Thursday expressed India’s

MIND Diet Shows Short-Term Gains for Cognition

The study enrolled 604 participants who were overweight, had a suboptimal diet, and a family history of Alzheimer’s disease The MIND diet, known for its emphasis on brain-healthy foods like whole grains,
Go toTop

Don't Miss

MBZ tours UMEX and SimTEX 2022

Sheikh Mohamed interacted and exchanged talk with the heads of

World leaders welcome Saudi-Iran detente

The decision to re-establish relations came following talks that took