January 7, 2022
2 mins read

Pakistan National Security Advisor due in Kabul

No date for the NSA’s visit was announced during the meeting. However, an official told the Pakistani media that the visit would probably take place on January 17-18…..reports Asian Lite News

Moeed Yusuf, the National Security Advisor (NSA) of Pakistan, will visit Kabul soon as tensions have risen along the Durand Line, the de facto border between the two countries, Tolo News reported.

It was decided during a high-level meeting in Islamabad on Thursday that NSA Yusuf would visit Afghanistan amid tensions along the Durand Line.

A meeting of the Afghanistan Inter-Ministerial Coordination Cell (AICC), presided over by Pakistan National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser, took the decision, according to an official statement, the report said.

“A senior delegation of Pakistani officials, headed by the NSA, is scheduled to visit Afghanistan soon for further engagement with the Afghan government on all assistance-related prospects,” the statement said.

No date for the NSA’s visit was announced during the meeting. However, an official told the Pakistani media that the visit would probably take place on January 17-18.

“We will finalise the delegation in a couple of days and then decide the date,” the official said.

Meanwhile, Asad Qaiser said that the world must not abandon the people of Afghanistan in their time of need. He said that peace and stability in Afghanistan offers enormous opportunities not only to the Afghan people but also to Pakistan in terms of access to Central Asian countries for greater trade and connectivity.

In the meantime, Abdul Qahar Balkhi, spokesman of the Foreign Ministry of Afghanistan, and the Foreign Minister of Pakistan, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, have called for engagement from both sides to discuss the issue.

However, on Thursday, Inter-Services Public Relations of Pakistan (ISPR) Director, Major General Gen Babar Iftikhar, stated that the fencing of the Durand Line would continue as planned, adding that the fencing was 94 per cent complete.

This comes as over the past few weeks, videos have surfaced on social media purportedly showing Islamic Emirate fighters uprooting a portion of the fence along the Durand Line, claiming that the fencing had been erected inside Afghan territory, the report said.

ALSO READ: Google Cloud teams up with CryptoWire

Previous Story

Volvo Cars ropes in Jim Rowan as new CEO

Next Story

Trump’s ‘reply’ to Twitter to be launched soon

Latest from Afghanistan

Afghans Back Girls’ Education

The survey, based on responses from 2,000 people across Afghanistan, reflects a strong national consensus in favour of girls’ education despite official restrictions…reports Asian Lite News A new United Nations survey has

UK MoD admits 49 breaches of Afghans’ data

Of the 49 breaches, four were publicly known, including the massive 2022 leak of a spreadsheet containing the personal details of almost 19,000 people fleeing the Taliban…reports Asian Lite News The Ministry

Wang Yi Meets Taliban FM in Kabul

Wang Yi expressed China’s willingness to support Afghanistan in pursuing an “economy-centered” policy and work with Kabul to carry forward the friendship…reports Asian Lite News Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi met Taliban

Taliban Makes It Official

As Afghanistan nears the fourth anniversary of the Taliban takeover, Akhundzada, ruling largely from Kandahar, ordered ministers to drop the “caretaker” tag….reports Asian Lite News The Taliban’s reclusive supreme leader, Mullah Hibatullah
Go toTop

Don't Miss

DAILY BRIEF: Punjab CM’s nephew held and Indian diplomats boycott Beijing Winter Olympics

Two weeks before Punjab votes in the Assembly elections, the

Imran’s party concealed its foreign accounts

The report also refers to the controversy over allowing four