May 1, 2022
1 min read

Imran announces long march in last week of May

Khan had repeatedly blamed the US for backing the no-confidence motion and has refused to accept newly-elected PM Shehbaz Sharif, saying “there can’t be any bigger insult to this country”….reports Asian Lite News

Former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan announced on Saturday that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) will begin its anti-government long march towards Islamabad in the last week of May, Geo News reported.

“We will be giving this call to all Pakistanis, not just PTI supporters, as Pakistan has been insulted after the country’s most corrupt people were imposed on us by a foreign power,” Khan said in a video statement.

Khan was ousted from power on April 10 after the National Assembly voted against him on the no-confidence motion — making him the first premier to be voted out through the move.

Khan had repeatedly blamed the US for backing the no-confidence motion and has refused to accept newly-elected PM Shehbaz Sharif, saying “there can’t be any bigger insult to this country”.

The Joe Biden-led administration in the US, however, has denied the allegations.

In his message released on Saturday, Khan said the PTI’s core committee has decided to give the call as “60 per cent of the people in the federal cabinet are out on bail”, Geo News reported.

“The person who has become the Prime Minister is dubbed as the crime minister. His [family] has cases worth Rs 40 billion pending in the FIA and NAB,” Khan said.

The PTI Chairman reiterated that such people being in power is an “insult” to Pakistan.

ALSO READ: Putin plans ‘all-out war’ on Ukraine ‘within days’

Previous Story

Ukraine, UK discuss additional military aid

Next Story

Is China’s BRI Collapsing?

Latest from -Top News

GAZA KILLINGS: War Crime?

Mobile Phone Footage Casts Doubt on Israeli Account of Ambulance Attack in Gaza Newly surfaced mobile phone footage has raised serious questions about the Israeli military’s justification for opening fire on a

Namibia voices concern over US tariffs

AGOA is a non-reciprocal trade arrangement aimed at supporting development in African countries through preferential access to US markets The Namibian government has expressed concern over newly imposed US tariffs, warning that

Uganda, South Sudanese leaders hold talks

Museveni, who is among the guarantors of a 2018 peace agreement that ended a five-year civil war, held closed-door discussions with President Salva Kiir Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni was expected to meet

Protests across US against Trump

The largest event was at the National Mall in DC, where demonstrators numbered in the tens of thousands People across the US took to the streets on Saturday to oppose what left-leaning

Namibia voices concern over US tariffs

AGOA is a non-reciprocal trade arrangement aimed at supporting development in African countries through preferential access to US markets The Namibian government has expressed concern over newly imposed US tariffs, warning that
Go toTop

Don't Miss

New opportunities for normalising India-Pak relations

The change in government in Islamabad can become a harbinger

Pakistan: TTP hitlist raises eyebrows

The latest information comes hours after Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) chief Sirajul