April 6, 2023
1 min read

Pakistan warns Braverman over remarks

FO spokesperson Mumtaz Zahra Baloch, in a press briefing, warned that such comments would give “rise to dangerous trends”…reports Asian Lite News

Condemning Home Secretary Suella Braverman’s “discriminatory and xenophobic” remarks against Pakistani men, the Pakistan Foreign Office (FO) has warned of the serious repercussions of such comments, media reports said.

The British minister has been accused of “peddling extremist far-right lies” about Pakistanis after she singled out British Pakistani men over concerns about grooming gangs as she accused authorities of turning a “blind eye” to signs of abuse involving young people, Geo News reported.

In a recent interview with Sky News, the UK minister said that the “systematic and institutional failure to safeguard the welfare of children when it comes to sexual abuse” was one of the biggest scandals in British history.

“What’s clear is that what we’ve seen is a practice whereby vulnerable white English girls, sometimes in care, sometimes who are in challenging circumstances, being pursued and raped and drugged and harmed by gangs of British-Pakistani men who’ve worked in child abuse rings or networks,” she had stated.

FO spokesperson Mumtaz Zahra Baloch, in a press briefing, warned that such comments would give “rise to dangerous trends”.

Braverman had also been warned by the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) that sexual predators do not just come from “one background” and that a focus solely on race could create new “blind spots” when tackling child abuse, Geo News reported.

The NSPCC had criticised the UK Home Secretary and expressed its shock at her hatred towards Pakistanis and for singling out Pakistanis.

ALSO READ-World Bank lowers Pakistan’s growth forecast

Previous Story

UN’s Programme on HIV/AIDS welcomes India as member

Next Story

German economy to grow 0.3% in 2023

Latest from Pakistan

Pakistan Day celebrated in Oman

On the occasion of Pakistan Day on March 23, a grand ceremony was held at the Embassy of Pakistan in Muscat, Oman.  The ceremony began with the recitation of the Holy Quran

US condemns Jaffar Express attack, vows support

Lt Gen Sharif Chaudhry, Pakistan’s military spokesperson, confirmed the completion of the operation, stating that all 33 militants involved had been killed The United States has strongly condemned the terrorist attack on
Go toTop

Don't Miss

Starmer to meet Trump for the first time

Starmer was in New York for the UN General Assembly

Govt considering EU-style common charging cable

It comes after the European Union passed a law on